A Note About This Blog

This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).

Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Copy Of A Post From My Pen-Name Blog

 As the title of this post suggests, the following is a copy of a post I just made on my pen-name blog.  I decided to copy it, rather than link to it, because one of these days I may delete any number of blogs.  I don't want a big, "all-connected chain" of SOME of the things I have online.

While I continue to move farther away from pages associated with the pen name, my HubPages account associated with it remains up and running.   I have my reasons for not closing that account.  The main ones are 1) that HubPages remains the only site for writing anywhere near the type of writing that I want to do on someone else's site; and 2) I'm approaching eight years of using that site, and I think - if all goes well for them - the site remains a good one for writers.  In the case of the pen-name account, while I have plans to "phase away" from it for the most part there's still some thinking about what I want to do with what's left on there before I figure out what to fix up, what to remove, etc.

There's also some waiting to see if the site takes a clearer direction than appears as of this writing.

In any case, between still having that account up and running and having some other pen-name associated stuff out there here-or-there, my plan is to leave up this blog (again, at least for the time-being) - not because I plan to do more with it than I already have (to the contrary), but because it makes sense to have a place for posting the occasional thing about some pen-name-related matter.

There will probably come a time when I have no reason to want to post any pen-name-stuff-related thoughts.  This just is not that time yet.  I've got the "WordCrafter09" blog that's been acting as "the intersection" of the pen-name stuff and real-name stuff.  With my five-year-old "WordCrafter09" account on HubPages (associated with my real name), I figure I'll do the same thing with that blog as I'm doing with this one - wait and see what happens on/with HubPages before deciding any next steps.  (The difference between the two different accounts/names, however, is that the "WordCrafter09" is associated with my real name.  So, once (in the midst of making some major changes with different blogs in different stages of development) I decide what, if anything, I'm doing with future material on that account on HubPages; I'll "phase out" the  "WordCrafter" blog and use one that's in my own name.

My "project" these days is to figure out how to leave any number of blogs/sites/accounts in some version of "reasonable state", which ones to close, which ones to keep in/return to being "searchable", and build one "monster" of a blog on which I can post whatever I feel like writing without regard for whether there appears to be any "system", rhyme or reason, or specific purpose to it.

What I do with with whatever I have already put together that does have some rhyme/reason will be a case-by-case-basis thing. 

For now, this is my update to this particular blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment