A Note About This Blog

This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).

Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Also "Closing Out" The Subject Of Last Winter


Twenty days into August, and in spite of the heat/humidity "wave" of recent days, I finally feel like I've gotten back to where I was before the record snow and cold of Winter meant I wouldn't be able to get out and get what I needed in order to feel like I could function for more than a day or day-and-a-half at a time.  What I needed wasn't "regular" food.  I had plenty of that.  And, between sharing the house with another adult (but single) family member who has plenty of his own kind of food AND making sure I have plenty of "regular" (healthy) food not only for myself but in case any of my other family members come by to visit AND the fact that I have other family members who wouldn't have me being without food in the house even if I were living alone; the Winter to which I refer was never about lack of food at all.

I won't go more into the food/other-stuff thing right now.  I've already included the subject on my "notes to self"/ideas for writing post.  The real point here, in this post, is that I finally feel well beyond where I was with the "exhaustion thing" at the end of the Winter and during Spring.  What I discovered however, is that when one is facing such a mix of complicated issues, it can be particularly difficult to sort them all out and improve the overall picture "in a straight and orderly line".  My own tendency to need things in life to be "all neat", and my own tendency to aim for getting things "as perfect as possible", didn't particularly slow me down.  They did, however, make me feel a little more frazzled at what appeared to be almost "willy-nilly" progress.  Ity wasn't, of course, "willy-nilly".   It's just that I'm an impatient person "in the body of a patient-appearing/seeming one"; and while I have no problem acting patient when it comes to other people not being as quick or "whatever else" I wish they would/could be, I have more trouble being at peace with my own impatience toward myself.  (This particular thing is something I've heard very elderly people say long before I was anywhere even near the "edge" of being considered "elderly".  This is a subject I'll probably add to the next "things to write about" list.)

As far as the exhaustion thing goes, I feel much better as well.  I'm fairly certain that, at least for now, it's still there.  Also, however, I know, at t his point, I need to look into things like whether I have a vitamin deficiency or that type of thing.  (I'm pretty much certain I probably do after the Winter of poor eating, no exercise, and no sun exposure; but I've been working on some of those issues since Spring.)  For now, I'm seeing/feeling a major improvement since Winter.  In fact (and I think I mentioned this in one of the other posts), having overcome "the legs thing" has made a giant dent in some of what was contributing to "the exhaustion thing" earlier in the year.  I'm noticing, too, a gradual but natural move toward my "real" eating habits which have always been reasonably healthy.

I've been writing all night, mainly because the heat and humidity have been uncomfortable; and things get very cool and comfortable (at least in the house) overnight.  It was a particularly busy and hot weekend that involved being out "in the weather" most of Saturday and then having a little get-together for a family member's birthday.  That was all very nice, but hot for all involved.  I discovered that my being out and around and/or doing different things than are part of my day-to-day routine meant that, once again, I used leg muscles that aren't used to being used.  So, as usual, I spent Monday and Tuesday getting over being "crippled" with "stupid" muscle stuff that happened just from doing things I don't do every day.  Then, too, because I got some of the leg muscles "going" that meant I started to "walk funny" around the house and get yet other muscles going for a day or two.

In any case, it's now Thursday morning.  By yesterday whatever "funny stuff" I did to leg muscles was cleared up.  It was particularly hot, and I did absolutely nothing for the whole day.  Finally, once things cooled down and the late-night air kicked in (such as it was), I felt like myself (or at least as much like myself as I can expect right at this time.

Somewhere between starting to walk in Spring and now, I've started to at least feel as if improving "the exhaustion thing" dramatically is, at least to a large degree, something I may be able to do myself. I see and feel a dramatic improvement.

I'm not fooling myself into thinking that "dramatic improvement" in the exhaustion thing does, or will soon, mean that everything in my life that has contributed to it will magically no longer be factors.  It's just that the whole "straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back" thing of being trapped in the house in Winter and unable to get that "completed Rubik's Cube mix" of what I needed is something I've been able to start to overcome as Spring came around.  Of course, with factors brought on with Spring there has also been less and less need for as much of some of those things that I needed more and more of as the Winter ran on.  What I did figure out (at least for me) was that having at least x number of days (even if only one or two) of having that "completed Rubik's Cube" was/is better than having none.  Getting to "OK" at least for a day or two meant being able to replenish "mental energy" enough to be better able to deal with doing without on those other days.  I plan to write more about this (but from a less personal angle) at some other time.

For now, I've needed to "close out" not only the leg-injury thing as a subject, but also the whole Winter thing, and getting-used-to-walking thing, as well.  As I said with regard to the leg-injuries thing, I may in the future refer, in some limited way, to that subject; or else I may write something that's better organized and less personal.  For now, I've just had to get the whole big mix of the whole Winter/Walking/Exhaustion Thing down in writing before being able to "close out" that whole "era" and clear my head for other writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment