It's now February 26, 2015; and I've been spending the last couple of days going through years' worth of writing I've done online and trying to sort out, reorganize, and clean-up a lot of stuff (particularly the most neglected stuff). It's after midnight, so I don't know how much more I'll write tonight. I did, though, think this particular blog is kind of funny when i returned to see the dates of the posts here.
"WordCrafter09" was a user/screen name that I started using when I was trying to phase away from the pen name under which I'd done whatever online writing I've done on a casual/personal basis. If I recall correctly (and maybe I don't), I already had the name (that I'm not thrilled with but that was one of the only available ones I could come up with had some writing-/word-related meaning to it. (Actually, I think the "09" was from 2009.)
Anyway, when I wanted to phase away from the well established pen name I'd been using, I already had a well established HubPages account. I figured I'd start a new HubPages account . I don't really recall why I didn't just use my real name. Maybe it was because most other people weren't using theirs either, or maybe it had something to do with not wanting, or being able to, use the same e.mail address with two different accounts.
In any case, I started the new account and wrote a few Hubs on it (deleting them after, for one reason or another). Somehow, though, I really couldn't get all into writing under WordCrafter09 because I'd been on HubPages long enough to kind of know some people. People didn't know (I don't think, anyway) that I was the same, old, Hubber under a different name; and some people were nife because they thought I was new (at least when I actually did anything under the new name). I know they had a bunch of people whose "job" it was to be nice to new people (and give them a few followers to start with), but I didn't feel right about it. I knew I could just tell people I ran into, but because I wasn't going to their forums under the "new" name, and because I had so few Hubs, there wasn't a lot of opportunity. Besides, once a few people had been nice and had seemed not to know I wasn't new, I felt like it would be awkward to say, "Oh, guess what. You know who I really am?" So, my heart was never really in that account. At one point in the last few years I deleted most of what was on there (for one reason or another) and just left one Hub with the plan to delete that one too once I started to really write under that account.
Well, changes have been made on HubPages. I won't go into that now because, as I said, it's late at night. What I found kine of funny when I cam to this blog, however, were the two posts (two years apart) about how there was something I needed to write and didn't know what it was (or couldn't write it for one reason or another, maybe).
As I said, it's now late February, 2015; and if you're wondering if I have now written that thing I feel like I need to write, the answer is that I haven't. It's still out there "in the air" somewhere. In some ways, I know what it is that makes what I want/need to write something that isn't going to happen (or maybe it will - I don't know).
In the meantime, I'm not sure how much time I'll spend doing anything (or doing nothing) on this blog, although there are a few posts that I might like to add. Separate from those, though, for now I think I'll post a verse I wrote years ago about that thing I need to write.
One Never Knows What One May Find (Or In The Case Of The Author, Write) At The Intersection Of One Online-Writer's Pen-Name And Real Name. "WordCrafter09" Is A Blog That Is That Intersection.
A Note About This Blog
This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment