That Thing I Need To Write
So many words I've written
behind an altered name.
So many lines and lyrics.
So much has been a game.
Too many paragraphs and words.
I've never really said
the things I really need to say
from both my heart and head.
Oh, they're all true - those words of mine.
I'm not the sort to utter lines
that I don't mean or take to heart, but
words from around the edges
aren't truth or tale or art.
And off, around those edges
Calling, screaming, haunting
are words I've been ignoring
because not doing so is daunting.
Besides, you know, it's easier
to write the safer things.
And never have to worry of
the consequence it brings.
There is a price for honesty.
I'm not sure that I can pay it.
There's something that I need to write
and say, but I can't say it.
So many things I've written,
almost finished, but not quite.
So many words, and finished work
that's never felt quite right.
.
Words swirling quite within my grasp -
if only I could win the fight
to reign them in and find the strength
to write that thing I need to write.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment