Although I have a computer-full of material that I could post one place or another, I've pretty much ignored it because for the last how-ever-long, the only new things I've really been writing have been yet more "things" about how I'm re-organizing and cleaning up my giant mess of writing.
My real aim right now is trim everything down to one or two blogs of my own and then one account (eventually) on HubPages (for anything I think would do well on there). I have reasons for not wanting to delete some of the "giant mess of miscellany", but I've been gradually burying it, "layer by layer". Some of it I may unbury if I develop it to the point where it deserves to be unburied. Some I've duplicated the heck out of for my own reasons (mainly a matter of "it you can't beat 'em join 'em" (as far as stuff on the Internet goes). Some stuff I.do plan to move. Some I'll eventually delete. I don't plan to look for other content sites at this point. I'm tempted to put everything on "private" settings for awhile, but it's not time to do that yet.
Although some of my online writing continues to be a source of income for me, so much of it has also been "writing for me" (without regard for whether it might earn). As a result,, and because I've done so much writing as my "form of entertainment instead of, say, doing crossword puzzles or watching television); I'm kind of think that maybe there's something to be said for watching television more than I tend to do. When it comes down to it, all this writing about organizing and cleaning up is pretty much a matter of venting (or at least trying to explain whatever mess someone might discover if anyone runs into some of the stuff I still have buried yet.
I have other projects and other things that need attention, but I kind of envy people who only started writing online in the last few years (because they probably don't have the mess I do online). The thing is, however, that I'm a heavy-duty neatnik to the core. So, having so much online stuff looking to me like a big, disorganzied, mess of crud (and often redundant crud) mixed in with some stuff that I do care about) has been getting to me enough that I can't even be bothered thinking about writing .
This has been, I'm sujre, another non-worth-reading post of redeeming value only to me, in my attempt to organize, label, explain, and generally clean-up There's actually something kind of good about not bothering to try to think up a good name for something like a blog, not trying to think up what kind of "redeeming value" stuff can be added to to it, and imagining aiming for the day when I have one site/blog that's nothing but a white background (like paper, or even like Kindle) and words in black and white (and set whatever this words-only thing is on "private").
The moral to all of this is: If you're a heavy duty neatnik don't allow a big pile of "written stuff" to build up over a period of years, to the point where you're looking a layers and layers, and years and years, of writing of all kinds; and to the point where you start writing just as a way of trying to put some order to it all. The irony to it all is, however, that for the person who heavy-duty "inclined to write" the way to organize and sort is often to write yet more. The other irony is that the person who writes (for lack of a more grown-up choice of words) a real lot can one the one hand, become burned out (at least temporarily) after enough time and writing pass; and yet the way to get out of that kind of burn-out is (at least for someone like me) to write yet more.
One Never Knows What One May Find (Or In The Case Of The Author, Write) At The Intersection Of One Online-Writer's Pen-Name And Real Name. "WordCrafter09" Is A Blog That Is That Intersection.
A Note About This Blog
This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment