A Note About This Blog

This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).

Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Few Remarks About Moving/Not-Moving (As In "Why Not Go To Where Driving/Having A Car Doesn't Matter As Much?"

There are a number of varied, multi-faceted, complicated, and/or complicating factors that have resulted in my not having moved over the last several years.  I'm not going to get into all, of even any, of them.    What I will do is include here, some isolated words/phrases that may help give someone some rough idea of how complicated things can be (particularly in my personal situation).  The only reason I'm even do that much is to, maybe, highlight the point (maybe fact) that anyone else in my exact situation would be very unlikely to "just move" too.

Here's the words/phrases:

Family in General
Children (Children, Teens and/or Grown)
Legal Issues Of One Kind Or Another
Temporary
Permanence
Stability
Assets
Shared Asssets
Babies and Bath-Water
"Know When To Hold 'Em"
Decisions and Inadequate Information to Make Them"
Sensible Security
Frying Pans and Fires of One Kind or Another
Thinking From The Standpoint Of A Mother
Stability Is Sometimes About "Financial" - Sometimes About Non-Money-Related Issues
Lower Crime Rate Than Some Options
More Freedom Than Some Options

I guess those should kind of do it.  I'll just say that my not moving is neither up for debate nor a matter of my having better or other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment