Having indulged first in writing "foundation posts" and then "next level up" foundation posts, I'm almost through with any walking-focused/no-license-in-the-suburbs-focused posts. I have in mind a few (and truly, relatively brief) "top-of-the-foundation" posts that will be far less tedious (boring) than any of the previous ones.
The one additional "next-level-up foundation" post I do want to include before moving yet farther up to the "top of the foundation" is the post I'm about to make next; and the one that will provide in detail why it was, exactly, that not being able to get what I needed through most of the Winter meant that I'd have to get over just that much (separate from walking and separate from leg injuries, and whatever else has been part of the picture) once I was finally able to get out and walk again. I won't go more into that right now.
The main point in this post is that the subject of not being able to get what I needed to stay OK-enough is a subject worth elaborating on.
As I mentioned somewhere at the beginning of these "foundation posts", I just selected this blog as one location for them because it's the "intersection" of the two names under which I'd done writing online. I'll probably move the posts and/or de-emphasize this blog somewhere along the way. For now, this is where I'm making these posts. My aim/hope with any of this particular bunch of posts has never been to think I'm writing something that will make "a good read" or "entertaining read" for any readers. I'm not writing for readers with these posts. I'm writing for a number of my own purposes/reasons.
First of all, as I'm closing out this whole "Winter/Spring/Summer" part of my no-license/walking experience, I want to get down in writing all the details so that I won't, at some point, forget some of them. As I said earlier in these posts, one reason I wanted to get this "rough-draft" information down is that I have a number of ideas for future writing. I'll figure out where to keep this "rough-draft"/raw information some time later.
Also, I have a number of other reasons of my own for wanting to get this account down in writing. I won't go into those here.
Yet one additional reason is that while I'm not ordinarily one who writes as a way of "clearing my head", with this one particular "saga" involving "the walking thing", I have felt like I wanted to put it in writing, if for no other reason, to clear my head of it all. Having reached a point where so many elements of the whole thing have been "running" alongside whatever else I've had to think about in life; no longer need to be doing that (at least to the extent that they have been); I do just feel like I need to clear out what is not necessary. (I've got plenty of room in my "mental files" for stuff that's been processed and is ready to be filed away from future reference. This whole "saga"/"scenario" - whatever it should be called - has been a whole other kind of thing.) The ever-changing nature of all the elements/variables has made a seemingly infinite mix of issues; and by virtue of the temporary/fleeting nature of it all there's really no practical reason to fill my "mental storage files" with anything but the basics, or main picture.
So, head-clearing has, without a doubt, been one of my many motives with these posts.
Another motive is that while I'm working my way up from exhaustion, I'm still not all that in the mood to do too much writing that requires too much of whatever it takes to produce something that IS, in fact, for any readers.
These posts are easy for me. All this stuff is what's been on my mind for such a long time. It turns out (and I've always kind of operated this way anyway), that if one really isn't "running on all of her usual eight cylinders" and is instead running on six, or four, or two... The most productive (in any number of ways) thing to do is figure out what one CAN do, based on those "limited cylinders". That, in itself, can help get through some of the times when one feels awfully close to either having the engine seize up, or at least to running out of gas. I know that's kind of a mixed metaphor within a metaphor - or something like that, or maybe it isn't really. I suppose I could throw in a dirty air filter or any number of other things that keep a car from running well. Sometimes, I suppose (no, I know), there are times when a number of complicating issues do, in fact, contribute to a larger picture.
In any case, writing stuff that's so readily on hand (in mind) may be, or feel, kind of lazy. It is, however, in its own way, fairly productive (even if only indirectly).
One Never Knows What One May Find (Or In The Case Of The Author, Write) At The Intersection Of One Online-Writer's Pen-Name And Real Name. "WordCrafter09" Is A Blog That Is That Intersection.
A Note About This Blog
This is a blog that (as will be clear to anyone who sees it) I started awhile back under the pen-/user-name of "WordCrafter 09". My original plan was to associate it with an account I set up on HubPages, separate from the account I have there under a pen-name (Lisa H. Warren/Lisa H.W). I had some other plans for the blog too, but I didn't do a lot on it. In any case, I've decided to resurrect it (largely because I'm transitioning away from the old pen-name).
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Since deciding to resurrect it and make it "the intersection of two different names"; and since at some point I'll de-emphasize it (just as I'm de-emphasing the pen-name, itself), I thought a good use for this blog might be to post some "raw-material type stuff" for later use, reference, and/or polishing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment